Interested in Assisting Allison Pynn?
Have you been doing makeup/hair your entire life because you LOVE it? Allison loves working with passionate, artistic & creative people! If you’re interested in assisting her on set, feel free to copy & paste the questions below & email them to: Allison@makeupaz.com
(MUST LIVE IN ARIZONA, USA TO ASSIST)
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
– Thank you for your interest in assisting Allison Pynn!
– Schooling or prior experience is not necessary in order to assist.
– When assisting, its important to be mindful of your appearance. Makeup should be clean & hair should be atleast lightly styled at EVERY job- no exceptions. Dress comfortably with close-toed shoes (no high heels). Allison encourages personal style so feel free to be yourself & have fun with your wardrobe, just do so professionally. When dressing, keep in mind some shoots are out in the desert, on mountains/cliffs, standing on a concrete-floor studio all day, etc.. Allison isn’t always given a warning what the shoot conditions will be until she’s on set so be ready for anything!
– Cleanliness is a HUGE priority to Allison. Please make sure your hands are washed & clean before you touch anything in her kit. This is a good habit to develop for your own makeup career. Your hands should be freshly washed before touching anyone’s face or reaching into your kit.
– If you’re comfortable with it, you may be asked to “touch up” someone’s lip color or hair. You will learn things assisting Allison that you will never learn in a makeup/hair school, as this is hands-on industry experience. Its important to pay attention to the process from beginning to end in case your help is needed.
– Please be ready to help out. Assistants should be ready to jump in & help in any way they can whether it be cleaning brushes, organizing products, grabbing the model/talent water, packing a bag, etc… Allison will never ask you to do anything she doesn’t do herself. If you’re unsure of how you can help just ask.
– Its wonderful to chat with clients/models, but please keep it professional (no talking about your latest drama or political views). People should feel positive & fun around you, not depressed or stressed out. Always come to jobs with a positive attitude & if you must- fake it till you make it!
– When you assist Allison, you’re representing her. How you speak, dress & your work ethic is a reflection of the artist you’re assisting. Please keep this in mind & put your best face forward!
– No taking pictures of Allison’s equipment/products (with the intent to copy & mimic). It is important you find your own personal makeup style. If you’re buying & copying every product Allison uses you’re not developing your own style, you’re merely a copy-cat. Getting tips/tricks is great, but copying is NOT tolerated.
– No passing out your own business cards, contact info or networking with Allison’s clients or anyone on set. If this happens, you will never be asked back to assist- this is a MAJOR faux pas.
– You must be interested in doing both makeup & hair styling in order to assist. Allison is equally strong in both & all of her jobs require those skills. If you feel strongly about only doing makeup or only doing hair please include that in your email.
– Flexibility is important! Allison’s schedule changes weekly & jobs are booked at different times- some jobs have a 2 week notice, some with only a 1-2 days notice (some with only a 1 hour notice!). This is typical of the industry. A flexible schedule is key in order to assist on TV/Photo production. Weddings are booked far in advance & give more time warning.
– Assisting jobs are typically unpaid. The intention of assisting an artist is to learn & get hands-on experience in the industry to use & develop your own makeup career= Priceless! However, if there are jobs where you were extra helpful or did hair/makeup on set, Allison always appreciates extra effort & payment will be considered depending on the job.
Copy/Paste these questions, ALONG WITH A RECENT PHOTO OF YOUR SELF, & send to: Allison@makeupaz.com. Please also include your social media profile name on Instagram or Facebook, Twitter, etc…
GENERAL LOCATION IN ARIZONA:
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU (Married, age, kids, passions, hobbies, etc..):
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
WHAT IS YOUR MAKEUP & HAIR EXPERIENCE?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN MAKEUP & HAIR EQUALLY OR MAKEUP ONLY/HAIR ONLY?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN MAKEUP/HAIR AS A LIFELONG CAREER OR JUST A HOBBY FOR NOW?
WHAT IS YOUR AVAILABILITY TO ASSIST MON-SUN?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ASSISTING ON TV/PHOTO SHOOTS ONLY , WEDDINGS ONLY, OR BOTH?
ARE YOU WILLING TO BE HELPFUL, WITH A GREAT ATTITUDE TO EVERY JOB YOU ASSIST WITH ALLISON?
PLEASE ATTACH A LINK OF YOUR WORK. – If you don’t have a website, attach pictures showing your work.
Remember: Attach a photo of yourself AND your social media links in your email (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc..)
Please be patient for Allison to reply. Thanks for your interest!